This year, we worked on briefs for pigs (provided by Billy Wallace from Makeway Ltd, Sconaid Wastie from RSPCA and Eleonora Nannoni from University of Bologna); poultry (Sian Phillips from RSPCA) and goats (Sophie Collins from RSPCA Farm Animals Department).
- 09:00 Participants arrive and find badge/table. Greetings and short introduction to workshop and activities. Morning session to brainstorm concepts and share ideas, receive feedback from the experts and select best ideas to work on – establish enrichment and research goals. Afternoon to deal with obstacles and come up with clear briefs – establish technical, UX and physical manifestation goals.
- 09:10 3 teams and 3 briefs. Overview of challenges for goats (Sophie Collins), poultry (Sian Philips) and pigs (Sconaid Wastie, Eleonora Nannoni, Billy Wallace) - 5 min each
- 09:30 Each team has a tightly monitored time to brainstorm each brief - 20 min each.
- 10:30 Tea break
- 11:00 Teams present range of ideas and receive feedback (from farm, animal welfare and technical experts) and questions.
- 12:30 Lunch break
- 13:30 People choose which animal/design they would like to work on (in teams), working with the person who gave the original brief.
- 15:30 Tea break
- 16:00 Plenary session for both workshops - Teams present final solutions on video, using sketches, cardboard models etc.
Expression of Interest
Please visit: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aci2017.
Select: New Submission/Workshop: Designing enrichment for farm animals
We asked participants to pre-register and provide a very short description of their role/skills/interest in the workshop topic.
ACI 2017 website: www.aci2017.org/
Original workshop proposal submission: FarmJam Workshop Proposal
RSPCA Farm Animal Welfare: www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm
RSPCA Welfare Standards: science.rspca.org.uk/sciencegroup/farmanimals/standards
Makeway Pig Production Consultancy: makeway.ie/
ZooJam 2016: Don't Cut to the Chase http://www.zoojam.org/
If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact Fiona French: email@example.com